The Davis Waldorf School is a non-profit institution governed by a Board of Directors. We receive no state or federal funding. Therefore, all funding must come from tuition and fundraising efforts.
To sustain and enrich a Waldorf education for our children, we must rely on more than just tuition, which accounts for approximately 80% of our operating income. The generous expression of shared commitment and support through our fundraising activities accounts for the other 20% and ensures that the Davis Waldorf School will be able to continue to offer an outstanding and inspiring education to our students today and for many years to come.
No independent school could charge the full cost of educating its students without pricing itself out of the market. That’s why every independent school has an Annual Giving campaign and other fundraising events.
Our campaign this year runs from October 30 to December 8, 2017 The first two classes to reach 100% participation will receive a $250 contribution to their class fund. We have a $5000 challenge grant, which we will receive if we reach 100% participation from Kindergarten - 8th grade families.
As a member of the DWS community, you are part of a group of people that cares deeply about the world. Through our incredible commitment to a positive future for our children, we can change the world into a place of greater possibility and peace. Each day, our faculty and staff (with the help of parents and grandparents) provide an oasis for our children where they are loved, nurtured, educated and truly seen and heard. We are so fortunate to have such a meaningful and conscious learning environment for our children. The children are truly the blessings at the center of the school and, with your donation, we can continue to provide this inspiring education for them.
What does my donation accomplish?
Your donation helps limit tuition increases, supports full programs, strengthens faculty compensation, provides maintenance of our school facility and grounds and maintains an economically-diverse student population. Each year, tuition and fees are set at a level that will support the school’s programs and needs and yet remain affordable to a broad range of families. Our fundraising efforts allow our school to provide a full Waldorf education—academics, movement and physical education, foreign language, handwork and woodwork, music, gardening, drama, and fine art.
Are there other benefits to giving?
Another benefit of giving to our fundraising efforts is that tuition is not tax-deductible, while gifts to the Annual Fund and other donations are fully tax-deductible to the extent of IRS regulations.
Are there other ways to give?
Car Donation to Davis Waldorf School
Donate your car, boat, truck, RV, Jet Ski or snowmobile to Davis Waldorf School and receive a tax deduction. This no cost, no hassle process begins when you contact our fundraising partner, Donation Line LLC at 877-227-7487. Make sure to ask for our extension 3321. Or you can click here “Donate Car” to donate online now.
Use Giving Assistant
to save money and support Davis Waldorf School (Association for Waldorf Education in Davis)
Sign up for Giving Assistant to help Davis Waldorf School (Association for Waldorf Education in Davis) while you shop at Lowe's & Old Navy.